Happy New Year!
2012 was a year of several accomplishments for me! Two years ago when I resigned from a full-time job to pursue my love for art and painting, I established a few yet important goals. I’m blessed that I achieved some of my goals last year despite several health issues including a leg fracture, I’m good now! Among my accomplishments are;
- Having my own art solo show that I could dedicate to my sister.
- Start this blog where I can share my progress and journey as an artist and raise asthma awareness.
- Create a beautiful cohesive art collection in a new medium.
- Getting published in American Art Collector, front page of the local post, chosen as “Women to Watch”, published in “Imagen” and “El Mensajero”, two local bilingual magazines, online blogs and featured artist for the “Still Point Art Gallery” quarterly magazine.
- Teaching a workshop and so much more!
It was a busy year for me, I tried new things and stretched my skills, sometimes with fear and apprehension, but I did it! It set the bar to the next level and what will that be?
Well, for starters I’ve join the 31 day Blog Challenge by Decisive Minds, you may have noticed the banner on the right. The challenge is comprised of roughly 600 bloggers and growing, the challenge is to post for 31 days, starting January 1st! Unfortunately, I got a late start thanks to the unwelcomed visitors who entered my computer and have delayed my postings by one day, that’s all- I’m here!
For the next 29 days I will be posting and sharing with you on the subject of “Art in the Office”, this is a subject I’ve been wanting to dig in for the last two years and decided this is the time! I’ve created an interesting, informational and inspiring series of topics of art in the workplace, whether you work from a home office or a formal brick and mortar building. Join me, inspire me with your insights and questions, and along the way we’ll have fun together!
Let’s take one step at a time…
Let’s have fun…I have been collecting those little strips from fortune cookies, yes, I love chinese food and can’t help myself! They have great inspiring quotes, yet no authors? So, I’ve decided to post one everyday, if you can find the author please post, if you can’t find the author post as well. The person with the most posts and finds will receive one of my prints of their choice from the “Gift of the Rose” collection available at the time through my online shop “La Galeria“. The winner to be announced the first week of February!
First quote, who is the author?